Sunday, June 5, 2016

Untitled.

I'm not living for a paycheck anymore
But here I am in the world dominated by green stacks
And I finally found what makes me happy
But they say I can't do it forever.
I'm aware that the world we live in isn't the silk of the movie screens
Or the flash of the camera off your gold sequined dress
And you can't only base your happiness
Off of the splendor in someone elses eyes.
So I ask for help
And help sometimes means money
Or food or a place to stay
Because I finally see what people are made of...
So little, and so much
And it blows me away
And I want to write sonnets and graffiti the city
But all I do is tumb-type it on this page.

I'll never forget finding my footing
Off a train in a dry state of being
But we tumbled through the river, and it felt like it could last forever
But we still said goodbye at the end.
That day was the moment it clicked
And I wrote about it on my ticket
"Today everything made sense...
It hurt, but it was worth it.
I had to go through the pain to get here."

So I'll try to write novels and poems and speeches
But nothing can explain the feeling
Of finally understanding the cycle in your heart
And becoming friends with the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment