Friday, June 3, 2016

Open hands and hopeful eyes

Hello lovely blog readers that keep up with my strange mix of poetry and storytelling. I'm currently on a farm in Minnesota. I'm WWOOFing and having an amazing time. I'm learning so much, and getting to know some amazing people that I wouldn't have met if I would have kept all my things, and my job, and my car.
This journey has been incredible. Yes, I am keeping a journal and I'm in the process of jotting down everything I can remember into a separate journal. Maybe later on I could possibly either write a book or publish more blogs. Needless to say, I don't know how it will form, but it will form and it will find It's way into your hands and eyeballs... and I hope it's lovely.
Today I come asking a question. Ive done my best during this journey to not ask for (what In consider) too much help. I have found small jobs along the way to continue my movements, and now I am 20 miles away from Lake Itasca State Park. Around a week and a half from now I will be somehow procuring a bike, making my way 2500 miles from the headwaters to the Delta of the Mississippi River.
A lot of you lovely people don't always know where I am, and sometimes are worried and message me to ask "are you still alive?"
I bought a device (with the help of a wonderful friend) that will track my GPS coordinates. It is called SPOT, and it will send an email toa list of my choosing. It will send a pre-program message, and then give you my GPS coordinates so you can see where I am. The catch with this device is that you have to buy it, and then pay for a yearly membership to get all of the fancy package details. The main function for this device is an emergency button that will track me if I move, and track emergency response vehicles that are on their way to my location to save me from whatever danger I am in.

So this is me politely asking you to donate a little bit.
By making a donation (any amount from a dollar upwards) I will be sending handwritten thank-you notes, with a poem inside. The poem will be unique to each person, as you will comment/mail/text/phone call me 3 words in which I will work into this poem. I will also add you to the email list, and promise that the next time I see you you will get the most fantasticly thankful hug of your life.

The easiest ways to send me help are as follows:
Venmo @Travelonvagabond
Squarecash cash.me/$Travelonvagabond
Paypal paypal.me/travelonvagabond

May your weekend be full of relaxing moments and lazy mornings. Thank you so much for reading.

**EDIT **
Holy crap, guys. My goal has been reached, two very kind people donated way more than I expected. I want to thank everybody for reading. I'm having a hard time forming many words. I will keep this post up if anyone desires to contribute, but please don't feel it is necessary. Anything donated will still go towards my travels in a positive way, helping me with getting a bike or replacing old clothes. Also, if you cannot contribute and still wants to be on the email list, please email me at Jennise.Gaines@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment