Monday, May 9, 2016

Miles to go

Do you know what makes me feel most vulnerable? It's the moments when I realize how much I need people. When I really want them in my life, in my peripheral, against my skin and not just on my mind.
I've always had an easy time falling in love. It's so easy to look at a stranger and want to give them everything I possibly can. It's proved to be a strength and a weakness, and damn it all if it doesn't hurt so bad.
I've met so many people on this journey, and I love every one of them. I can't paint enough pictures and write enough poetry to express the things I would do to give my everything to these lovely souls that have given me so much when I have had so little. All the warm beds and deep conversations and warm plates of food. I look forward to the day I can repay these people. I sometimes wonder if I ever will be able to. If I have any say in it I will. I cant see how though just yet. I cant see the forest, but this tree looks perfect. It's branches are sturdy and the spanish moss moves so calmingly in the breeze. I want to stare forever at this beauty, but I know I must move on. The bark is perfect against my hands, but it's not here for me. It has so many more gazing eyes and wandering hearts to intrigue.

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
But I have promises to keep"

No comments:

Post a Comment