Thursday, July 21, 2016

Written next to pool #9

Don't you get it, don't you see
You're exactly where you're supposed to be
This life of structure and order is meant
To keep you here until you're bent
On changing your ways and setting things right
You'll stay up through the sleepless nights
With dreams of handguns and riots in the streets
How are we supposed to keep
Our feet on the ground when the earth throws us violently
I miss the days when you were surrounding me
Like a spider web, draped in iridescent colors
But now I'm here to realize we're going to
Suffer and struggle through what we call progress
In fear that we might digress
If we don't move forward and fight for our lives
As the days that I could call others mine
Fade behind hours of sweat and pain
Because what I've become is not a pawn
In your game if life and your game of defeat
Cower now with your retreat
I forgive you for not believing in me
But a girl never forgets being seen as weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment