Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I'm still so much talk with not enough action
I can ride the length of this diverse nation
but I can't recall what I promised to others
In old cities that have never seen my face
A small token of this generation that desires to do it all-
and maybe I'm not so much a flawed person as I am confused
Trying to make better use of my time
As I mend my past and come to terms with my chaotic state of mind.
Maybe it's just a part of this life
It's just part of this age
But I cannot help but feel that no matter what I do
I will not find the voice to explain that I am real.
Well, actions are stronger than words, they say
and I've seen it proven in many ways
It's so hard to move past your fast moving lips
Your heart full of hope that you can ease the pain
Though you can write in eloquent phrases
You still get caught up in the words flowing out of your mouth
Reaching and grabbing but hands cannot catch
That which has already been given.
So here I lay in pieces on the floor
Tempting to get me back
I'm not trying to change the person I've become
I'm still searching for the things I lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment