Sunday, October 23, 2016

Every step and push to propel myself forward this past year has brought me places I could have never imagined. Outside influences could see where I was going and what may come of it, but they were difficult to listen to. As I am experiencing new moments, I have a difficult time looking at it from the outside and feeling comfortable.
For about a week now, I have been a pedicab for the city of New Orleans. The feelings I have found for this are overwhelming as well as strongly calming at times. Yesterday I was able to take the cash I have made peddling across this town countless times, and hand it to my new roommates. for the first time in what feels like a long time, I have a dependable bed to call mine- mine for now.
There is beauty in the things I used to find chaos and fear in. Maybe from the outside it was obvious I would one day be here. I still find uncomfortable feelings in my stomach when others predict what may happen in my day to day routine. Some things still make me want to pack up and keep moving, and others make me want to settle down just a little more. 
I have faith I can accept the things I cannot change, and support those in my life without a judging tone. I will continue work on myself everyday. I will find comfort in my aching body. I acknowledge that I have a support system I can depend on as I give back.
Keep moving forward. Keep giving back.

No comments:

Post a Comment