Thursday, October 20, 2016

hello you beautiful creatures

Please accept my formal apology for my significant lack of writing as of late. I could use excuses such as "writers block", "I've been so busy", etc.


On Sept 27th 2016 at two p.m. central standard time, I reached the "end of the road". The sight of the Mighty Mississippi was out of reach, hidden behind a "no trespassing sign" and a water treatment plant. Though the sight wasn't as glorified as the mouth of the river, her soul welcomed me with open arms. 
I danced, I cried, I stuck a button on the sign and took pictures, and cried some more. Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" was in my ears, and I snacked on the closest thing I had as a desert- a twinkie from who knows how long ago. 


That's the short version, the long version is much more enjoyable and incredible, but nearly impossible to put into text on a blog. I plan on writing more about this incredible journey whenever I can sit myself down.
I've decided to stay in New Orleans for as long as her gorgeous buildings, kind people, good food, and pot-holled streets will have me. I have picked up a job pedicabbing, and am depending on Miss Zippi to still get me around everywhere possible. It may be some time until I own a car again.

Thank you all for the support you have written, spoken, and thoughts you have sent. I could not have done this without each and every one of you cheering me from near, far, and helping me along the way. 
I love you all so dearly. I am dedicating more time to writing, and aim to post much more frequently than I have been.

May your days be cooling down but your hearts full of warmth.

1 comment: